December 5th, 2009 § § permalink
If you think the Twilight Saga is as craptastic as I do (but still watch the movies for shits and giggles), please do check out this scrumtrulescent review my dear friend Liz at Kills Me Dead wrote upon seeing New Moon.
You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll hurl.
Sheriff Eric Northman > Kinda King Aro. Aro was still kind of hilarious, although Iâ€™m sick of people making â€œYouâ€™re such a curious oddityâ€ eyes at Bella all the time. Pro tip: you canâ€™t read her thoughts because she doesnâ€™t have any of her own.
August 14th, 2009 § § permalink
The good news: Bryan Singer is set to produce and direct a Battlestar Galactica movie!
The bad news: The movie will be based on the original show and it won’t feature any of the GOOD parts Ron Moore created!
Glen Larson is also going to produce, and as he famously hated on the reimagined series, I think we can all count on lots of Star Wars ripoffs and Gold LamÃ© capes. Although just for laughs I’d love it if they brought back the old school robots. With all the technological advances that have been made since 1978, it would be hilarious to use dudes in shiny costumes.
via Entertainment Weekly
And in other BSG news, Amazon has Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on sale for $175! It’s finally out!
August 7th, 2009 § § permalink
One of my favorite actors is going to be starring in one of my favorite stories! By an awesome director! Huzzah!
Ridley Scott and Leonardo DiCaprio will direct and star in a movie adaptation of Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, about a utopian future in which state-encouraged orgies and drug-taking are the norm. Also, children are born and raised in hatcheries and conditioning centers, so you’ll never find a crying baby in your movie theater or airplane. DiCaprio will likely play Bernard, the guy who tries to screw things up for everybody.
via Vulture & RiskyBiz
April 24th, 2008 § § permalink
First of all let me just say HAPPY LOST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you’ve got a Livejournal account and you’ll be watching Lost at 10 p.m. EST, come hang out at my ongoing Lost post! It will be posted here a few minutes before the show begins. Make sure to bring your capslock.
April 18th, 2008 § § permalink
April 14th, 2008 § § permalink
- JK Rowling goes to court to block publication of the Harry Potter Lexicon. As much as I love the Lexicon, I’d absolutely love for JKR to write it herself!
- Jason Segel talks about, among other things, the already infamous nude scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Is it Friday yet?
- Have you heard about the new Ricky Gervais movie, This Side of Truth? It’s set in a world in which no one has ever lied – and Ricky’s the first one to have a go. The cast includes Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Jeffrey Tambor, Christopher Guest, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner, Rob Lowe, and Patrick Stewart. This is going to be EPIC.
- Amazon.com is having an awesome sale on DVDs this week.
- Although Best Buy’s TV DVD sale is even better. The Office Season 3 for $20!! 30 Rock Season 1 for $20! Plus Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, and Scrubs. I hope my tax return shows up this week.
- Via Officetally, Scan of Mindy Kaling’s piece in Esquire this month – Ten Things You Don’t Know About Women.
- Bid on a Sawyer figure signed by Josh Holloway. Guh.