Number 5 and Number 2 are obviously the best hahaha. Nice, Darlton. I wish they could have written these themselves.
Did you hear George Lucas sent a letter to Damon and Carlton?
George Lucas’ letter:
Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Donâ€™t tell anyone â€¦ but when â€˜Star Warsâ€™ first came out, I didnâ€™t know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend youâ€™ve planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories â€” letâ€™s call them homages â€” and youâ€™ve got a series.
In six seasons, youâ€™ve managed to span both time and space, and I donâ€™t think Iâ€™m alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that itâ€™s all coming to an end, itâ€™s impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly youâ€™ve wrapped up everything. Youâ€™ve created something really special. Iâ€™m sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.
Damon’s response to George Lucas:
I apologize for everything I said about the prequels.
Damon’s Twitter response:
George Lucasâ€™ letter to us made me feel like I was staring into the twin suns of Tatooine all over again. My life is complete.
I am fascinated!! Click to see the full size version!
Looks like I’ve got a new desktop background lol.
Even Damon and Carlton weigh in on how much more this season of Lost is going to make fans totally annoying to everyone around them.
Edited: The embedded video was breaking my RSS feed, so here is a link: Final Season of Lost Promises to Make Fans More Annoying Than Ever.
“You will feel like you’re living with a paranoid schizophrenic.”
Here is an awesome interview with Damon and Carlton about the final season of LOST:
THR: You mentioned a narrative device, I’m assuming it’s not a flashback or flashforward?
Cuse: Musical numbers. If you love Bollywood movies, you will love this season.
All this talk about the final episode has me sad already. The show isn’t even on for 4 more weeks and I already feel like it’s almost over ;_;
Hello people of the interwebs! I’ve been getting emails steadily for a few weeks now, from readers who are wondering just where the hell I disappeared to. I haven’t fallen into the Bermuda Triangle or gotten sucked into a time warp and been blasted back to 1974. The truth is much more boring than that – I’ve just been super, super busy. Real life has been kicking my ass in a multitude of ways, and the more hectic things get, the less time I have to update Ye Olde Acke Attacke.
Never fear. Soon enough Lost will be back, and my recaps will be back with it. I also have a huge backlog of Benry Know Best comics that I should have posted ages ago, so keep a lookout for them.
Thanks for your concern, guys! I’m not dead! (I feel happy! I feeel happyyyy!!)
And while we’re here…
There is a great interview with Damon Lindelof on Pop Candy about all things Lost: Damon Lindelof Tackles Your Questions!!!
I love that guy. I know I’ll be listening to “Visions of Johanna” much more closely from now on. (But seriously, “Homecoming” >>> “Stranger in a Strange Land.” Come on.)
First of all let me just say HAPPY LOST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you’ve got a Livejournal account and you’ll be watching Lost at 10 p.m. EST, come hang out at my ongoing Lost post! It will be posted here a few minutes before the show begins. Make sure to bring your capslock.
- Remember those Lost theories we submitted last week to USA Today? They have been answered! Read each theory, then give it a grade to see what Damon and Carlton say about it. Snark is running high as Damon and Carlton react to fans’ ideas!!
When presented with the “The island is stuck in 1988 theory”
Lindelof: â€œWhat I love about this theory is that for some reason the island has remained locked in 1988 while the rest of the universe proceeds normally. It makes me wonder what happened in 1988 that this person wants this world to forever be 1988.â€
Cuse: â€œThe person could be a Cyndi Lauper fan.â€
Lindelof: â€œI think she had already peaked. By â€˜88, weâ€™re talking about U2 and INXS. Just the idea that everybody on the island is in 1988 is pretty crazy.â€
- Ausiello’s got spoilers out the ying yang for Lost, The BSG spinoff Caprica, The Office, The Office’s own spinoff, and more.
- Some scans of an article about Michael Trucco and his car accident from TV Guide. I cannot BELIEVE those scars. He’s kind of my hero.
- And they are only photos OF photos, but Hot Damn!!! Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff, and Grace Park in bikinis. Yowzahs.
- Here’s a really interesting Final Cylon theory that I think makes a lot of sense…although I still think it’s Gaeta!
- Ricky Gervais has an awesome blog post about his new movie This Side of Truth including photos of him, Tina Fey, and Rob Lowe…and toy guns. The best bit is the candid shot of Christopher Guest “preparing for his role.”
- Speaking of Tina Fey, MSNBC is saying she’s the funniest person out there right now. As much as I love Ms. Fey and all the attention she is getting, I’d love to finally see an article about her that doesn’t include the words “It’s true, women can be funny.” Sigh.
- The Deadbolt’s got 10 Movies they want to see this summer (and 5 that make them nervous). Number one on my list is definitely Pineapple Express, which stars the love of my life, Seth Rogen.
- The AV Club has an interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse! They are so fantastic.
- Jimmy Kimmel also did a Q and A with Damon and Carlton.
- Steve Carell on how to act brilliant:
Appear to Listen
I’ve learned to appear scintillatingly intellectual by asking people questions (“Do you like pizza?”). Then I just look at them, nodding and saying “Hmmm” and “Um hmmm” every few seconds. Try and keep one or two things in your head to regurgitate later. After all, what is knowledge, really, but high-resolution regurgitation?
- Here’s a James Franco interview where he talks about being part of Team Apatow and FunnyorDie.com.
- Attention 30 Rock fans! 30 Rock will be moving to the 9:30 time slot, right after The Office. The Office, 30 Rock, and then Lost all in a row? I’m getting a little farklempt.
- The 11 Most Unintentionally Gay Rap Lyrics Ever. My favorite? Obviously Black Moon’s “Ack Like U Want It.”
And don’t forget, Lost is back tomorrow night!!!!!!!