With the final season premiering in merely days (wooo!!!!), I thought it would be fun to take a look back at what I consider the 100 greatest lines that have ever been uttered on Lost. I spent weeks, nay, months rewatching every single episode (it’s a dirty job, but somebody’s got to do it) and listed below are my results. It was hard to whittle it down to only 100 – Ben and Sawyer could each have their own Top 100 Lines lists easily!
So without further ado, I give you my Top 100 Lost Lines of All Time!
100. “Got a Band-Aid?” – Sawyer, after removing a bullet from his own shoulder, Adrift
99. “Lift up your eyes and look north. – John 3:05″ – Mr. Eko’s Jesus stick, I Do
98. JACK: I don’t believe in destiny.
LOCKE: Yes, you do. You just don’t know it yet.
97. “I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick.” – Bernard, to Mr. Eko, S.O.S.
96. “Why don’t you shut up, Hammo? Or your ranch disorder’s gonna be the new lead item on the coconut internet.” – Sawyer, One of Us
95. “It’s very stressful being an Other.” – Juliet, The Other Woman
94. “Have a cluckity cluck cluck day, Hugo!” – Jin, in Hurley’s dream, Everybody Hates Hugo
93. JIN: Who’s Penny?
HURLEY: She’s this chick Desmond used to date. And now he thinks she fell from the sky. So we’re gonna go save her life, and she’s gonna get us rescued. Dude…even if I spoke Korean it wouldn’t make any sense.
92. “I have needs.” – Carmen Reyes, Tricia Tenaka is Dead
91. “Get bent, Hugo.” – Sawyer, not allowed to use nicknames, Enter 77
90. “Who are we to argue with taller ghost Walt?” – Sawyer, Confirmed Dead
89. BEN: You’ve been here 80 days, John; I’ve been here my entire life! So how is it that you think you know this island better than I do?
LOCKE: Because you’re in the wheelchair, and I’m not.
- The Man from Tallahassee
88. “Did you just kill that bunny?” – Sawyer, Every Man for Himself
87. SAWYER: How you doing?
SAYID: A 12-year-old Ben Linus just brought me a chicken salad sandwich, how do you think I’m doing?
- He’s Our You
86. LOCKE: Hey. Uh… was he talking about what I think he was talking about?
BEN: If you mean time traveling bunnies, then yes.
- There’s No Place Like Home
85. SAWYER: So, a tribe of evil natives planted a ringer in the camp to kidnap a pregnant girl and a reject from VH-1 has-beens. Yeah, fiendishly clever. And why am I getting the evening news from a six-year-old?
WALT: I’m ten!
SAWYER: Okay, then it must be true.
- All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
84. “Goodbye, John. Sorry I made your life so miserable.” – Ben, There’s No Place Like Home
83. “Loop, dude.” – Hurley, Lockdown
82. “Time travel’s a bitch.” – Sawyer, The Little Prince
81. “You guys got any milk?” – Ben, after laying out a nefarious plan, The Whole Truth
80. “I think Michael has been compromised.” – Sayid, 3 Minutes
79. “Everybody I care about just blew up on your damn boat. I know what I can’t change.” – Sawyer, Because You Left
78. “You’re mine!” – Ben, to Juliet, The Other Woman
77. “He changed the rules.” – Ben, after Widmore had Alex killed, The Shape of Things to Come
76. “I crashed your plane, brothah!” – Desmond, Live Together, Die Alone
75. “If you say live together die alone to me Jack, I’m gonna punch you in your face.” – Rose, Through the Looking Glass
74. “You want my information? Name: Shannon Rutherford, Age: 20, Address: Craphole Island.” – Shannon, Raised By Another
73. JACOB: I take it you’re here ’cause of the ship.
JACOB’S ENEMY: I am. How did they find the Island?
JACOB: You’ll have to ask ‘em when they get here.
JACOB’S ENEMY: I don’t have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong, aren’t you?
JACOB: You are wrong.
JACOB’S ENEMY: Am I? They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.
JACOB: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
- The Incident
72. “I just got SHOT by a PHYSICIST!” – Radzinsky, The Variable
71. “Your camp isn’t gone. It hasn’t been built yet.” – Daniel, Because You Left
70. TOM: Well look at that! You got yourself a fish biscuit! How’d you do that?
SAWYER: I figured out your complicated gizmos, that’s how.
TOM: It only took the bears 2 hours.
- A Tale of Two Cities
69.”I will come back here for you.” – Jack, The Man From Tallahassee
68. “So the hatch, like, blew off your underwear?” – Hurley, to Desmond, Further Instructions
67. “You run. I con. A tiger can’t change its stripes.” – Sawyer, The Long Con
66. LOCKE: You just killed everyone on that boat.
- There’s No Place Like Home
65. “I am a dentist. I am not Rambo.” – Bernard, Through the Looking Glass
64. JACK: What makes you think he’s going to listen to you?
KATE: Let me talk to him. He says…we have a connection.
JACK: Do you?
- Confidence Man
63. “Dude, it looks like someone steam rolled Harry Potter.” – Hurley, referring to Sawyer’s new glasses, Deus Ex Machina
62. “I’m one of the Oceanic Six!” – Hurley, The Beginning of the End
61. “God loves you as he loved Jacob.” – Brainwashing video, Not in Portland
60. “Jesus Christ is not a weapon.” – Carmen Reyes, There’s No Place Like Home
59. “My brother, Boone. Godâ€™s friggin’ gift to humanity.” – Shannon, Pilot
58. “I was wrong.” – Locke, Live Together, Die Alone
57. “Razzle Dazzle!” – Nikki, Expose
56. LOCKE: Why would your own people want to kill you?
GALE: Because the man in charge – he’s a great man, John, a brilliant man – but he’s not a forgiving man. He’ll kill me because I failed, John. I failed my mission.
- Two for the Road
55. “There’s a new sheriff in town, boys. Y’all best get used to it!” – Sawyer, The Long Con
54. LOCKE: If it’s not real, then what are you doing here, Jack? Why did you come back? Why do you find it so hard to believe?
JACK: Why do you find it so easy?
LOCKE: It’s never been easy!
53. HURLEY: Was it a dinosaur?
JACK: It wasnâ€™t a dinosaur.
HURLEY: You say you didnâ€™t see it.
JACK I didnâ€™t.
HURLEY: So how do you know it wasnâ€™t a dinosaur?
JACK Because dinosaurs are extinct.
- Tabula Rasa
52. COOPER: A conman goes by many names friend. I’ve been Alan Seward, Anthony Cooper, Ted MacLaren, Tom Sawyer, Louis Jackson, and Paul…
SAWYER: Tom Sawyer.
COOPER: I was young and Huck Finn was taken. And the ladies loved that one. Made me charming.
SAWYER: Well how about that.
COOPER: How about what?
SAWYER: Sawyer’s my name too.
51. CAESAR: You know him?
LOCKE: He’s the man who killed me.
- The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
50. BEN: What about me?
JACOB: What about you?
- The Incident
49. “That’s why the Sox will never win the Series.” – Christian Shephard, Outlaws
48. “What lies in the shadow of the statue?” – Ilana, Dead is Dead
47. KATE: Are you serious?
SAWYER: Baby, I am tied to a tree in the jungle of mystery. I just got tortured by a damn spinal surgeon and a genuine Iraqi. Of course I’m serious.
- after Sawyer asks for a kiss, Confidence Man
46. “That douche is my dad.” – Miles, Some Like it Hoth
45. “Those pants don’t make you look fat.” – Jin, getting Hooked on Phonics, Tricia Tenaka is Dead
44. LOCKE: The man from Tallahassee? What is that? Some kind of code?
BEN: No, John, unfortunately we don’t have a code for “There’s a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter’s head.” Although we obviously should. – The Man from Tallahassee
43. SAWYER: You know what I think, Ali? I think you’ve never actually tortured anybody in your life.
SAYID: Unfortunately for us both, you are wrong.
- Confidence Man
42. “We’re going to need to watch that again.” Locke, after watching the hatch Orientation video, Orientation
41. DESMOND: Are you – are you him?
LOCKE: Yes, yes I am.
DESMOND: I can’t believe it. You’re finally here.
LOCKE: Well, here I am.
DESMOND: Who’s she?
LOCKE: She’s with me.
DESMOND: What did one snowman say to the other snowman?
40. “My name is Henry Gale and I’m from Minnesota.” – Ben, One of Them
39. “Dad?” – Walt, via hatch computer, What Kate Did
38. “You still have work to do.” – repeated line
37. “It doesn’t matter who we were. It only matters who we are.” – Juliet, A Tale of Two Cities
36. “Udders! Udders!” – Jin, Adrift
35. SAWYER: You taste like strawberries.
KATE: You taste like fish biscuits.
- The Glass Ballerina
34. LOCKE: Where do you get electricity?
BEN: We have two giant hamsters running in a massive wheel at our secret underground lair.
- The Man from Tallahassee
33. “I love you Penny! I’ve always loved you!” – Desmond, The Constant
32. “Heeeelp meeee.” – Jacob, to Locke, The Man Behind the Curtain
31. “No. No, Flight 815 they, they found the plane. There were no survivors. They were all dead.” – Naomi, D.O.C.
30. “You didn’t hear about the polar bear?” – Charlie, Solitary
29. “We’ve got a problem. The manifest, Jack, the census, the names of everyone who survived, all 46 of us. I interviewed everyone. Here, at the beach, got their names. One them, one of them isn’t – Jack! One of them isn’t in the manifest. He wasn’t on the plane.” – Hurley, Raised by Another
28. “You do remember birthdays, don’t you, Richard?” – Ben, The Man Behind the Curtain
27. “I have to get my honor back. And that’s what I’m running to.” – Desmond, Man of Science, Man of Faith
26. “You want to know who I am? My name is Sayid Jarrah. And I am a torturer.” – Sayid, right before he beats Ben senseless, One of Them
25. “I’m a bloody rock god!” – Charlie, The Moth
24. “You and me ain’t done, Zeke.” – Sawyer, The Hunting Party
23. “Dude, you’ve got some Arzt on you.” – Hurley, Exodus
22. “My name’s not Monica.” – Kate, to her husband of 6 months, I Do
21. “You’re gonna die, Charlie.” – Desmond, Flashes Before Your Eyes
20. “Theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa falls down the stairs.” – Boone, Deus Ex Machina
19. DESMOND: Kelvin – he comes running out of the jungle – hurry, hurry, come with me. He brings me down here. The first thing he does – because there’s beeping already – he types in the code, he pushes the button, and it stops. What was all that about, I say. Just saving the world, he says.
JACK: Saving the world?
DESMOND: His words, not mine. So I started pushing the button, too. And we saved the world together for awhile, and that was lovely. Then Kelvin died, and now here I am all alone. The end.
18. “The universe has a way of…course correcting.” – Eloise Hawking, Flashes Before Your Eyes
17. “Don’t mistake coincidence for fate.” – Mr. Eko, What Kate Did
16. “See ya in another life, brother.” – Desmond, Man of Science, Man of Faith
15. “Son of a bitch!” – Sawyer, every episode ever
14. “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!” – Michael, every episode ever
13. “Boone was a sacrifice the island demanded.” – Locke, Exodus
12. “I’m a complex guy, sweetheart.” – Sawyer, Pilot
11. “I was never meant to do anything. Every single second of my pathetic little life is as useless as that button! You think it’s important? You think it’s necessary? It’s nothing. It’s nothing. It’s meaningless. And who are you to tell me that it’s not?” – Locke, ?
10. “Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch.” – Ben, Cabin Fever
9. “We have to go back, Kate. We have to go back!” – Jack, Through the Looking Glass
8. “I’ve looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful.” – Locke, White Rabbit
7. “If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my Constant.” – Daniel’s journal, The Constant
6. “This is not your island. This is our island. And the only reason you’re living on it is because we let you live on it.” – Tom, The Hunting Party
5. “Not Penny’s boat.” – written on Charlie’s hand, Through the Looking Glass
4. “If we can’t live together, we’re going to die alone.” – Jack, White Rabbit
3. “We’re the good guys, Michael.” – Ben, Live Together, Die Alone
2. “Don’t tell me what I can’t do!” – Locke, every episode ever
1. SHANNON: I’m alone now. On the island alone. Please, someone come. The others, they’re â€¦ they’re dead. It killed them. It killed them all.
BOONE: That was good.
SAYID: Sixteen years.
SAYID: Sixteen years. And five months. That’s the count.
BOONE: What the hell are you talking about?
SAYID: The iterations. It’s a distress call. A plea for help. A mayday. If the count is right â€¦ It’s been playing over â€¦ and over â€¦ for sixteen years.
BOONE: Someone else? Was stranded here?
KATE: Maybe they came for them.
SAWYER: If someone came, why is it still playing?
CHARLIE: Guys…where are we?
So there you have it, my own favorite 100 lines. There were lots that had to be tossed, and I’m sure you guys will want to tell me – what would have made YOUR lists?